Monday, September 17, 2007

I'm Tired Today

Whew....No sleep for the wicked.


I was skimming youtube today and found a video that strangely displayed (at about the 6 second mark) exactly how I felt getting out of bed today. The past two nights have been rough on sleep and I'm pretty much "checked out".






Bruce Springsteen has a new record coming out. I know it's entirely uncool, especially in California, but I dig this middle class hero. I have the kind of respect for Bruce that Peter, Paul, Luke and John had for Jesus. In all honesty, if Bruce showed up at my door later tonight with a couple guns and told me that we had to go to Chechnya and join the rebel cause, I'd sell everything I owned and go with him, no questions asked. Where Bruce goes, I go. They don't call him the fucking Boss for nothing. He earned that title, putting out records like Born to Run and Nebraska while I was still learning how to play an A chord and crying myself to sleep like a baby. Here's to you Bruce, I hope you're around for another 40 years to keep us all in line.





Practice tonight for The Front followed up with The Happy Hollows at The Echo. The Happy Hollows are one of the best, if not the best band in Los Angeles. You should do yourself a favor and get to their show tonight or next Monday. Over and out.

No comments: