Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Excuses Excuses

Everybody's got an excuse.


"Well, ya see, I've been meaning to start that project I've been fantasizing about for the past 10 years of my life, the project I've hinged my whole existence on, the project that will complete me, the project that will allow me to finally die and feel as though I've left something significant behind to be remembered by and thus I can die peacefully, I can depart yet feel complete, I can die knowing I created something that entirely encapsulates who I am and thus my physical presence is no longer necessary, but I really have to do laundry tonight....but I haven't seen this particular friend foreeehhhver.........but I just don't feel good."


So.............Blog posts have been infrequent. I can explain. Really. I have good reasons. You don't understand. My mom was in town for a week and we went to Las Vegas and then Big Bear. Then the van's wheel blew out and I had to get it fixed. My car has a cracked radiator. I've been busy with work. I worked a 14 hour day yesterday. I went back to Big Bear last weekend and drank too much and felt horrible. Anxiety. Panic attacks. Medicine. Grease. No exercise. Too many questions. Mind racing. Can't sleep. Excuses, excuses, excuses.........


I'm here though now and I'm posting, hooray! Radiohead released an album last week. It's fucking phenomenal. Videotape is by far the most important track released in 2007, you won't hear it on the radio, wedged between a My Chemical Romance song and Rise Against, but you should do yourself a favor and download the album (for free if you must) at www.inrainbows.com and listen to the last track immediately. Videotape to my ears is like The Gospel of John to Benedict 16's.


The Eagle Rock Music Fesitival was awesome. Hopefully, we'll be invited to play again next year. We played in the American Tire Depot's parking lot to a rowdy crowd of Eagle Rocktonians, they were all kind, full of compliments and made the entire experience one of the best we've ever had as a band. Kelly is back from Portland, I'm back from Big Bear, and Nick is back a wild acid trip that lasted 5 days (joke!).


We've scheduled a couple shows for the next month or so. We are playing a Halloween party near Zankou Chicken on Sunset in Hollywood on October 27th. My guess is that we'll play around 10pm, it'll be packed, kegs of beer will be present, and we will rock your world because that's just what we do these days. We have another show mapped out for The Scene on November 20th with Tweak Bird and The Pleasure Boaters. Both Tweak Bird and The Pleasure Boaters are amazing bands; it'll surely be a great night of loud rock and roll. There's recent Front chatter about a possible tour in the near future. I'll keep you posted if anything happens. For right now, we are focused on writing new songs.


Hmmmmmmmm........What else can I say? The Radiohead Album has consumed my life the past week. I just went and saw the movie Michael Clayton starring George Clooney and it was a great flick. The ending scene makes me want to smash a fucking guitar to bits at the end of our next show. I appreciate a well defined climactic point. I can sense that it's brewing, simmering, festering inside me. I've always imagined a situation where I would smash a guitar but had notions that when things like that happen, they are often contrived and more detrimental to your audience's perception of your band than helpful or impressive. We'll see what happens. Don't be surprised if you see a Stratocaster in ruins after an upcoming show and don't say I didn't warn you. I'd leave you with Videotape by Radiohead but my last post has the version recorded for "From A Basement" so I'll leave you with a solid Bruce video instead. Until we meet again...........






mb

2 comments:

Miss Alie Ward said...

I was totally going to comment on this post... but I was busy drinking 2 super beers.

...Banter said...

man, i was gonna comment too but i got caught in a moral dilemma regarding how much i'm willing to pony up on that radiohead joint... then i got tangled up in that bruce vid and now - shoot - now i'm posting up man. it's boss...